The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is a private non-profit organization in charge of restoring the quality of the waters in the San Juan Metropolitan Region. Estuario is seeking a Project Manager to join our highly skilled team. The ideal candidate will have strong work plan development and progress oversight skills. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all project direction, planning, completion, and financial outcome. In order to succeed in this position, the candidate must be organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Manage all project documentation
- Prepare project schedule and manage deadlines
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Assist with bidding process
- Effectively communicate project progress to key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, social, broadcast, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams as well as independently
- Experience working in the San Juan Bay Estuary or with partners in the region is preferred
Fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Planning, Environmental Management, or related field or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
Hands-on experience with developing web technologies and software platforms for maximum usability. Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines. Strong presentation and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than Friday, July 26, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be directed to Brenda Torres, Executive Director, and must specify in the subject the title of the position, “Project Manager”.
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.